The leap from Day Skipper
It is a big jump to take your Day Skipper and gain more experience to be ready to take a yacht out on your own as skipper.
Maybe you would like to learn to sail a larger yacht, gain confidence or explore new areas? This four week module is also prefect as a substitute for our Module 2 in Tenerife.
If you can not spare four weeks you can join us for either the mile building / passage making cruise; or for the race training and Rolex race week.
We have a number of options available for 2017 the first being from Gibraltar to Marseille and the Rolex Giraglia Cup - 20th May to 18th June
Gibraltar to Marseille via the Balearics
Fancy something different in the way of mile building?
Join us on 20th May on board our Hanse 540 and sail from Gibraltar via Cueta on the Moroccan coast, Spain and the Balearics to France and your destination of Marseille ready for the Rolex race.
You will get the chance to be "skipper of the day" under the guidance of Andy, as well as enjoying some great sailing and beautiful scenery.
Giraglia Rolex Cup
This year we are also taking part in the feeder race from Marseille so it over a week of racing:
- 6th June arrival
- 7th to 8th June race and skills training (optional arrival on 8th June if you are short of holiday time)
- 9th and 10th June – race from Marseille to St Tropez
- 11th to 13th June – inshore races around the bay of St Tropez (windward-leeward or triangle courses in the bay of Saint Tropez and inshore courses with a maximum length of 35 miles)
- 13th June – Rolex crew party (ticket only event)
- 14th to 16th June – race from St Tropez around the Giraglia Rock (Corsica) to Genoa in Italy
- 17th June – prize giving and party in Genoa
- 18th June – depart
Further details are on the Yacht Club Italiano website