This one day course provides an awareness of:
- Preparation for sea survival
- Lifejackets and life rafts
- Principles of Survival
- Survival craft ailments, and raft management
- Search and rescue
Notes: It is a well proven fact that in the event of an emergency at sea people who have received training are more likely to survive.
What is included?
- Tuition from an experienced Instructor – we do not use instructors who have just qualified;
- Course notes, paper and pens;
- Tea, coffee, soft drinks and lunch;
Note; We can rent you a lifejacket and wet weather jacket if you do not use your own. The cost includes serving the equipment after the course.
Must bring your own
- Your own lifejacket (not only will you gain the experience of servicing it but you will also see how it performs in an emergency. It should be fitted with a crotch strap). Note we can rent you a lifejacket if you do not own one
- Change of clothes.
- A “shortie” is useful as the pool is not heated (we have some limited sizes you may borrow)
- Medication – If you are taking any medication please advise your Instructor on commencement of the course.
- Health care – Health care in the Canary Islands is good, but it is a good idea to collect the EHIC form from your local post office or online at www.ehic.org.uk.
Ability after course
The course prepares you for survival at sea.
Notes: It fulfils the requirements of small craft working within 60nm of a safe haven.
Want to know more?
Useful for anyone who takes a boat offshore for racing or cruising and includes the correct safety equipment, how and when to use it. Also included sections on:
- Before you leave
- Calling for Help
- Understanding Weather
- MOB Prevention
- Fire Control Buy Now
A perfect book for those that would like to know more about survival at sea. Buy Now