Emergency First Aid at Work (1 day)
The 1 day Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW) course is recommended by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE). Upon completion of the course you will receive a certificate and have first aid knowledge to deal with the initial response to any situation.
During the course you will gain the skills and knowledge to administer a variety of first aid techniques – from treating minor wounds to saving the lives of colleagues in life-threatening situations.
The course is HSE recommended and complies with Health & Safety (First Aid) Regulations and the approved code of practice L74 guidelines for the qualification of workplace first aiders.
This 1 day course includes course materials, expert tutoring and practical exercises to give you first aid training which includes understanding the:
- Role of the First Aider
- Importance of preventing cross infections
- Need to record accidents and actions taken
- Nee to assess the situation in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in any emergency
You will also learn how to administer First Aid to:
- An unconscious casualty
- Someone who is choking
- A casualty who is wounded and bleeding
- Someone who is suffering from shock
- Provide assistance to someone who has small cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns and scalds, small splinters
Upon successful completion of the course and practical exercises you receive an Ofqual approved and nationally recognised Emergency First Aid at Work certificate, which is valid for 3 years. Please note that this certificate is valid for use as a First Aid course for RYA/MCA Yachtmaster Offshore exams.