Professional Courses

If you are interested in earning money from skippering a sailing boat, or working on or captaining a motor yacht then you need to first gain the RYA / MCA Yachtmaster qualifications. There are two levels, and you can validate the Certificate of Competence for sail or power:

You will also need a commercial endorsement. To get this you need the following (which are all available through Club Yachting):

If you would like to pass on the skills you have learnt, and teach sailing then you need to take the Cruising Instructor course for sail or motor

RYA  ISAF Offshore Safety

Leave a Reply