Powerboat Training

We often get asked what is the difference between powerboat, motor and power. Basically if you have a small RIB or spot boat which has an engine (or two) that is either an outboard or has a outdrive, doesn't have a chart table or a toilet then it's a powerboat.  Normally it's a RIB or similar and less than 10m long.

If you would like to drive a RIB etc in the Canaries non-commercially then you need to do your Powerboat Level 2 and also VHF (SRC) certificate. You can also apply for the International Certificate of Competence (ICC) - and since January 2015 Canarians, Spanish and Italians etc can apply as well!

To work commercially the best option is the MCA Advanced Powerboat Certificate of Competence, and the Commercial Endorsement.

For further details please select the appropriate powerboat course:

Leave a Reply