Club Yachting is an RYA sailing, motor cruising and powerboat school run by Ovi – with help in the office from his wife Judith, and in the marina from our team of instructors and Adam and Martin our marine engineers.
Ovi completed his Fastrack course with Club Yachting. Recognised for his potential he became a Cruising Instructor and Yachtmaster Instructor before starting Soul Sailors to further develop his skills.
In 2017 he became Principal of Club Yachting and amalgamated the two schools to further expand his passion of making sailing fun for everyone!
Upon arrival at your yacht one of our team will welcome you on board and allocate you a cabin, complete with duvet, feather pillows (non allergic available upon request) and two towels per person (hand and bath towel).
During the week we often visit other islands including: La Gomera, La Palma or Gran Canaria (where we go depends on the wind direction); and further afield on cruising and passage building weeks. Whatever we are doing you will visit a number of harbours and marinas, before returning to our base at the end of the week.
At Club Yachting we are all passionate about sailing, and our mission is to pass this passion onto our customers.
Our aims are to ensure, to the best of our abilities that:
- we offer timely and informative replies to all emails and telephone calls;
- you are on the most appropriate course to achieve your goals for your time with us;
- our team of instructors are selected by Andy to ensure the best quality tuition - and monitored, trained and improved to improve there skills;
- those clients who are chartering from us, that your yacht is handed over to you with all the information you need for a safe and happy charter;
- your yacht is supplied clean, well maintained, with the beds made (duvets, towels and pillows), and with the appropriate safety equipment (including inflating lifejackets and waterproof jackets)
- for those clients on a course sufficient food on board the boat is included: breakfast, lunch, and evening drinks & snacks – wine and beer, as well as an evening meal on board when sailing late;
- all yachts are maintained to the highest standards, and inspected by the British Marine Federation (BMF), Marine Leisure Association (MLA) as well as the RYA, British Marine and Coastguard Agency (MCA) and Spanish Marina Mercante; and are legally allowed to operate commercially in Canarian Waters and insured to do so;
- you, the customer: enjoy yourself, achieve your goals, recommends us to your friends and come back and sail with us once again!
- above all we want you to feel that you are part of the family with Club Yachting.
We would love to sail with you in the warm climate of the Canaries with its year round sunshine - so please come to Tenerife, join our club, and sail the Canary Islands.