Whether you are looking for Yachtmaster for sail or power, Club Yachting offers a unique fastrack programme based on a modular approach. During your enquiry stage we assess with you how much sailing you have done (and how many miles) to ensure that we fit you in on the appropriate Fast Track Module:
Yachtmaster Sail – Modular Fast Track
Each year we run a number of Fast Track modules for sail which start every other week in the winter months, and every 4 weeks in the summer - so can find a programme that fits in with your availability.
Unlike other schools we don't have a dedicated yachtmaster fast track boat so you don't have to worry about spending the next 14 weeks confined on a boat with the same sailors all at the same level as you. You will get the opportunity to sail all our yachts with lots of different people - some doing Competent Crew and some doing Coastal Skipper. Its harder work for the instructor but means that you have a Competent Crew around when its your turn to be skipper of the day. Another advantage is you have other fast track students around who are at different levels - so there is always someone around to talk to who has probably had the same challenges as you with man over board or sailing off a pontoon. When you get to the two weeks or so before your yachtmaster exam we do promise that you will only have people of your ability on board (either doing the exam with you or crewing as they are doing the Yachtmaster exam in two weeks time).
If you have just a few weeks to spare we are happy for you to join us just for one Module at a time (a lot of clients join us for a module each summer) or have a sabbatical and join us for the 14 weeks.
Split into a number of modules you join us at the level based on your miles and experience:
- Module 1 – (5 weeks, 24 days at sea, 7 days in our classroom and 3 days off). This module is designed to take you from beginner (doing Competent Crew), Day Skipper Theory and Practical, Day Skipper Plus and then either Milebuilding or Yachtmaster Theory
- Module 2 (Canary Islands) – (4 weeks, 18 days at sea, 7 days in the classroom and 2 days off - Coastal Skipper practical, skills and miles
- Module 2 (Mediterranean - Gibraltar, Spain, France & Italy)) (summer months only) – Milebuilding for two weeks in the western Mediterranean (visiting France, Corsica, Sardinia Spain and the Balearics) and then a weeks race training and a week long ROLEX regatta (Giraglia Rolex Cup, Copa del Rey Audi-Mapfre Regatta, Les Voiles de Saint Tropez and Middle Sea Race). Note: With this option you swop a weeks milebuilding in Module 1 for Yachtmaster Theory.
- Module 3 - (5 weeks, 30 days at sea, 1 day in the classroom and 3 days off ) - Coastal Skipper Plus, miles, advanced boat handling and Yachtmaster preparation and exam
Module 3 Plus (Sail)
If you have already got the mileage and just need to brush up on your theory or practical skills prior to doing the preparation week then Module 3 Plus is perfect for you – two weeks or more for those sailors who would like to do an extra week or two as well as the Yachtmaster Preparation. The options are:
- Module 3 Plus theory - refresh your theory skills in our classroom for a week before moving on to the preparation week
- Module 3 plus skills - a week learning new skills before moving on to the preparation week (prefect if you have not sailed for a while or need that extra confidence sailing in confined areas
Convert Yachtmaster Sail to Yachtmaster Motor
Sail to Motor Module - join us for 5 weeks for the miles and skills required. Perfect for those who have no previous motor yacht experience
Yachtmaster Fast Track Module 3 (Motor / Power)
- Module 3 (motor) plus theory - refresh your theory skills in our classroom for a week before moving on to the preparation week
- Module 3 (motor) plus skills - a week learning new skills before moving on to the preparation week (prefect if you have not driven a motor yacht for a while or need that extra confidence sailing in confined areas)