If you don't have a week to spare to join us in Tenerife in our classroom to do our residential Day Skipper Theory course, then we also offer an on line course using the famous Navathome software that you can do any time - at home, or anywhere you have access to a computer.
Below is a sample of one of the on line exercises:
Answers to some of the questions
- If you have a question just contact one of Navathome's approved and experienced instructors will get back to you within 24 hours
- In the unlikely event that you need extra support then you can book a day in our classroom in conjunction with your practical course and we will be on hand to answer and tricky questions far to face (included in the on line course cost)
- As soon as we receive your payment you may start your course
- The course can be completed on a Mac, PC, iPad or any other type of tablet or on-line device
- We have a 100% pass rate if you complete all the exercises
- Instant on line feed back and answers
- Everything to complete the course is provided
What is included with the On line RYA Day Skipper course fees?
- On line software
- Training charts (RYA charts 3 and 4)
- Bretton plotter
- Training Almanac
- Email and telephone help by qualified instructors
- The option for an additional 4 hours coaching in Tenerife prior to the exam by one of our instructors at no extra cost
- The ability to take the exam either on line, or in our classroom in Tenerife
What is covered on the course?
Everything in the RYA Day Skipper syllabus is covered including:
- Nautical terminology
- Navigational Publications
- The Compass
- Basic position fixing
- Course to Steer
- Estimating Position
- Tidal streams
- Calculating depths to anchor and tidal heights
- IRPCS - bouyage, lights & shapes, and sound signals
- Environmental impact
- Passage planning
We have chosen Navathome to provide the on-line training course for the RYA Day Skipper, Coastal Skipper / Yachtmaster, and Yachtmaster Ocean as we think they are the best on-line course provider out there. They are an RYA recognised training centre who quite simply specialise in online training.
The course is fully interactive, and works on PC's, Macs, iPads and tablets (note that the RYA's own plotter which is part of the course doesn't work on mobile devices but this is not an essential part of the course).
When you sign up for the course you have six months to complete it - which is normally plenty of time. If you wish to extend it then it and you have completed 80% of the modules we will pay for the extension (in the unlikely event you haven't got this far then there is a small admin fee to extend).
If you feel that you prefer face to face contact then contact us for details of our classroom courses.
Once you have signed up for the course we also give you a voucher off any Day Skipper, Coastal Skipper or Yachtmaster week on one of our sailing or motor yachts
Don’t take our word for it
Recent feedback we have received includes:
- Very much enjoying the course and the great support you provide. Thanks again
- Great course, well structured and met all my expectations, now Day Skipper practical next week