This is a two part course:
Part 1 – RYA Sea Survival course click here for more details
Part 2 – A hands on course to provide the skills and knowledge to handle offshore emergencies. It is especially useful for blue water, long distance passages such as the ARC or other trans-Atlantic or trans-pacific crossings.
During this practical course you will learn about:
- Care & Maintenance of Safety Equipment
- Storm Sails
- Damage Control
- Crew Routines
- Man Overboard Prevention and Recovery
- Giving Assistance to other craft
- SAR Organisation and Methods
- Practical Fire Precautions and Fire Fighting
- Distress Alerting and Survivor Location Aids
The course is normally run by Andy who is also an experienced racer having competed in a number of long distance offshore races including: Fastnet Races, the Middle Sea Race as well as the Columbus Race from mainland Spain to La Gomera as well as numerous ocean passages.