This one day course provides an awareness of:
– Control of bleeding
– Treatment of an unconscious casualty
– Recognition and treatment of hypothermia
Notes: In a medical emergency a little first aid knowledge and immediate action can save lives, especially in remote locations. This one day course is designed to provide a working knowledge of first aid for people using small craft, and to support skippers of yachts and motor vessels.
Ability after course
The ability to administer basic first aid in every day life and on board a yacht.
Notes: It fulfils the requirements of small craft working within 60nm of a safe haven
All our courses are run by one of our experienced instructors.
As usual with Club Yachting the following is included
- Tuition from an experienced Instructor – we do not use instructors who have just qualified;
- Course notes, paper and pens;
- Tea, coffee, soft drinks and lunch.
Must bring your own
- Medication – If you are taking any medication please advise your Instructor on commencement of the course.
- Health care – Health care in the Canary Islands is good, but it is a good idea to collect the EHIC form from your local post office or online at www.ehic.org.uk.
As resuscitation using a manikin is part of this course it is recommended to wear clothes suitable for kneeling on a mat on the floor.