If you are thinking about going on holiday as a family, and want to do a little more than sun yourself on the beach, then a sailing holiday is for you.
We have a selection of sailing yachts from 10m (perfect for 3 people), 12m (which has 3 double berths) or a 14m yacht with 4 cabins. The yacht is allocated to you and your family, and the week can be tailored to your requirements:
- just relaxing (sailing with dolphins and whales, anchoring for lunch to explore rock pools or swim with turtles)
- some training by our instructor (a great balance and popular with younger families)
- training for the whole family towards an RYA Certificate - be it Start Yachting, Competent Crew, Day Skipper or Caostal Skipper
the choice is yours.
It's a perfect holiday for teenagers as there is so much to do (and you can get internet!), but we also welcome little ones (there is no minimum age and we even have Ocean Safety lifejackets to suit) - but we do ask you to be responsible for looking after them.
Your skipper is one of our fully trained RYA Instructors who is there to make sure that you have a great time. He is happy to teach as much or as little as you wish - and if you would like to take a day out to visit Europe's largest water park - Siam park that's OK as well.
Learning to Sail
It is optional - but if you would like to take an RYA course we would love to teach you and can offer:
- RYA Start Yachting - spreading the 2 day course over the week you are with us means you get a great introduction that is suitable for all ages, but plenty of time to relax as well
- RYA Competent Crew - there is no minimum age but children have to want to take an active part in sailing (putting sails up and down, tacking, steering etc. If you think you or your children would only want to take part occasionally we recommend the Start Yachting. (Note: this course can be mixed with other courses)
- RYA Day Skipper - unlike the courses offered in the Mediterranean (countries like Greece, Turkey and Croatia) are RYA Day Skipper courses are all tidal so the qualification is valid all over the world including the Caribbean. The minimum age to be awarded the qualification is 16 years, and you also have to have a knowledge of theory
- RYA Coastal Skipper - like Day Skipper this is also a tidal qualification, but for the more experienced with a minimum age of 17 years
We give you:
- Time to relax - we visit traditional Canarian towns, small anchorages and inlets perfect for swimming, pottering in rock pools and a BBQ on the back of the boat!
- Lots of wildlife to see - dolphins, whales and turtles
- Time to explore - the boat is yours so therefore so is the agenda!
Decide what's best for you:
- one of our sailing yachts for your sole use: 10m, 12m, or 14m
- RYA tuition, or guidance if preferred
Included - so no hidden extras:
- Bedding and towels
- Breakfast and lunch
- Evening meals when sailing late
- Whales, dolphins and turtles!
- Moorings, marina fees and all boat expenses
- the same price all year - no extra charges for school holidays!
- an enjoyable, fun vacation for all ages
- Guaranteed sunshine, with temperatures in the high 20's in August, and low 20's in December
So why don't you join us in the land of eternal spring?