This one day course is an introduction to powerboat
Notes: The minimum age for this course is 8. Candidates under the age of 16 will be issued with an endorsed certificate.
We only run this course for under 16’s if the parent or guardian is also taking the course.
Ability after course
Basic sailing experience.
All our courses are run by one of our experienced instructors.
On this one day course you will do a quick safety briefing with your Instructor before going out in the RIB for the day. You will get a chance to drive the boat, and maybe even anchor for lunch!
You will learn preparation of boat and crew, boat handling, picking up and securing to a mooring buoy, leaving and coming alongside, and being towed.
As usual with Club Yachting the following is included
- A client instructor ratio of 3:1;
- Tuition from an experienced Instructor – we do not use instructors who have just qualified;
- All mooring fees, diesel and gas – no hidden extras.
Must bring your own
- Sun protection – Sun glasses, sun hat and non oily sun cream (without carotene) are a definite must!
- Medication – If you are taking any medication please advise your Instructor on commencement of the course.
- Health care – Health care in the Canary Islands is good, but it is a good idea to collect the EHIC form from your local post office or online at www.ehic.org.uk.
- Seasickness - It is advisable to bring with you a seasickness remedy if you have suffered in the past. There is a local chemist in the town of Las Galletas – ask your Instructor where it is at the Friday night drink.
The climate in the Canaries is temperate. You are recommended to bring with you shorts and t-shirts, a jumper/cardigan, long jeans/trousers and jumper for the odd cooler evening in the winter months, shoes with non-marking bottoms for use on the boat, swimwear and something for dinners ashore. As the boat has limited storage space a sailing bag / holdall is the most suitable luggage.
Notes: We lend you a shower / wind proof jacket (normally only needed for the sea spray). Please give it back to us on the Thursday evening.